What’s more festive for the Fourth of July than fireworks? Here’s an activity to create some patriotic artwork with your little one this Independence Day.
Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Painting
2-3 Empty Toilet Paper Roll Tubes
Red, White, and/or Blue paint
Paper plate (to put paint on)
- Make the firework stamps from the toilet paper roll tubes. Take toilet paper roll tube and cut about a third of the way up. Repeat, cutting strips all the way around the circumference of the roll. The strips can be as thick or thin as you’d like!
- Fan the pieces out from the center of the roll, creating the firework shape.
- Repeat for each roll. 2-3 rolls are ideal to create a variety of fireworks.
- Squirt paint on to paint, tray or anything with a flat surface. Add glitter and mix into paint for some extra pizzazz.
- Then let the kiddos paint their little hearts out.
This activity can also easily be modified to make spiders, suns, flowers, stars and more!
Watch Toilet Paper Roll Fireworks Painting in action on @onelittlesmallblog Instagram